The tool is designed for connecting an ECU to a J2534 device and provides manual or automatic control of the unit power and shaping of the following signals: RESET, BOOT, CNF1, GPT1, GPT2, WATCDOG
PowerBox for PCMFlash
It is compatible in the automatic mode with the loading programs which use:
• BOOT-OEM12, 12 pin OBD-II;
• L-LINE, 15 pin OBD-II.
The tool has built-in current limiting resistors on the following signal lines:
• RESET — 510 Ω;
• BOOT — 510 Ω;
• CNF1 — 220 Ω.
The tool is fitted with multipurpose connectors which allow to establish the connections flexibly:
• USB, designed for connecting to the computer. It is to be connected when the built-in USB — UART converter is enabled; for PowerBox software update; while reprogramming Renesas CPUs;
• DC, designed for powering the built-in circuit as well as the connected ECU. It is recommended to use only quality units with 12V output voltage. While reading the password, when it is impossible in the vehicle, one must note that high-voltage converters in ECUs consume rather high current at the start which can trigger protection mechanism or even result in the power unit damage;
• J2534 (OBD-II-F), designed for connecting the same name interface to OBD-II;
• DB-15, designed for connecting to the main ECU connector. It is recommended to use 14P600KT02, 14P600KT03 cables or analogous ones;
• IDC-26, designed for connecting directly to the ECU board or via the adapter to the special head. It is recommended to use 14P600KT06 cable or an analogous one for Tricore GPT.
It is recommended to use Flash Development Toolkit software for flashing Renesas CPUs.
The tool has 3 switches for operating in different modes.
• «POWER», power control. The tool has three modes of power supply to the ECU: OFF allows to remove all power and control signals from IDC-26 and DB-15 connectors; MANUAL supplies power to VECU and VKEY terminals and to the control outputs depending on the chosen tactics; AUTO, automatic control, in this mode power is controlled by the loading program with L-Line signal (15 pin OBD-II).
• «BOOT», simultaneous control of BOOT, RESET and CNF1 signals (3.3V): OFF, allows to remove all control signals from DB-15 connector; MANUAL pulls RESET and BOOT to the signal minus, and CNF1 to +3.3V; AUTO, automatic control, in this mode BOOT, RESET and CNF1 signals are simultaneously controlled by the loading program (12 pin OBD-II, OEM12).
• «GPT», for Renesas and Tricore with GPT CPUs. It is necessary to use 5V while working with SH705x CPUs, in other cases 3.3V is to be used.
• LED near the 5V/3.3V switch indicates 5V or 3.3V voltage supply.
• VECU, VKEY LED indicates VECU and VKEY voltage supply.
• 12V LED indicates power voltage.
• BOOT LED indicates voltage on CNF1 output (the LED works both for input and output).
1pc x PowerBox for PCMFlash
Shipping method and delivery time:UK Warehouse Shipping: 2-4 working days
, Only item title marked " Ship from UK " will ship from UK warehouse. ( UK local address 2-4 working days arrival, other European countries will take about 5-10 working days arrival depend on the place), We will pay the freight ship to each customer, If customer country does not have Shipping service in our UK warehouse or only have UPS service, customer need pay the UPS freight difference or package will ship from Shenzhen, China.DHL Shipping: 2-4 working days
, To help you clearance we will help declare a lower price on the invoice help clearance. If address is remote area, customer need pay remote freight or we will ship by Normal Post or Yanwen Express.Yanwen Express: 5-10 working days
, usually No Tax for European Countries or Remote Area . The tax was pre-paid, when package reached, there's no tax no extra fee for customers.
If you have any questions about the device, the price or the payment, please can contact us for free.Contact Person:
13983755934Official Email: Sales@obd2shop.co.ukSkype: OBD2Tool.co.ukOnline service support